This is a perfect meal for someone on a high protein low carb diet. It’s sort of like a BLT without the bread and with chicken. Only four main ingredients are needed to make this clean recipe. Inside the lettuce shell you will find grilled chicken, bacon, and roma tomatoes. Since we’re friends I’ll let you in on a little secret. You’re going to need to pull out your grill for this one. Let’s be honest, what’s better than juicy chicken with grill marks?
To assemble the tacos, I used iceberg lettuce because it’s crunchy and wide so it holds everything all together and it doesn’t completely fall apart when you fill it. One tip I have is to make your bacon extra crispy. This is for two reasons, one, who doesn’t like crispy bacon and two, if you’re meal planning with this then your bacon will absorb a little moisture from the chicken and tomatoes. I can’t wait for you to try this. It’s wonderful packed in a lunch for school or work. It’s also great after a workout to get in that protein. I hope you enjoy.
- 4 outer pieces of iceberg lettuce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Your favorite chicken seasoning
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices of extra crispy bacon
- Pat your chicken breasts dry and season them with your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Place your chicken on the grill and cook until done in the middle about 5-6 minutes on each side. Flip half way through.
- In a pan sauté your bacon until they're extra crispy, flipping half way through
- When the chicken is done slice it so half of the chicken breast fits in each lettuce shell
- Peel the outer part of the iceberg lettuce off and stuff it with roma tomatoes, bacon, and sliced chicken