Someone recently asked me what my favorite vegetable was and after doing a little thinking I’ve decided it’s got to be a potato. Potatoes are so versatile and filling. You can roast them, fry them, steam them or stuff them. They’re great with sauce, or even in a soup. Everyone who comes over knows I love my potatoes. This week I’ve roasted them in lemon and herb. The herb part is simple you don’t need to worry about buying a ton of herbs from your grocery store which I’m aware can get quite expensive. All you need is your favorite herb dip dry mix. It’s similar to ranch except with more herbs and onions. Pick out one that looks good to you and that’s what you’ll sprinkle on the potatoes for all that flavor.
Instead of adding freshly squeezed lemon juice, I sliced the lemons and placed them over the top to bake. This allows all the juices to run down the potatoes as the lemon bakes. Soon after throwing it in the oven get ready for the aromas to fill your house. Turn up that oven and get cooking!
- 4 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ package of dry herb dip mix
- 2 lemons sliced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Place your potatoes into a baking dish and coat with oil, add more if needed. Pour the herb mix over top until all the potatoes are coated. Assemble the lemon slices over top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring half way through to make sure they cook evenly