What’s more refreshing than cucumbers and dill? I’m not talking about dill pickles here. I’m talking about a lightly sweetened cucumber salad with fresh dill. This four ingredient recipe is easy and simple; you probably already have everything in your pantry.
Just last weekend my family and I went on a road trip to tour a museum. I love museums and learning new things. They featured a lot of things like 3D movies, interactive displays, it was a lot of fun. After a while we decided to try their restaurant which is where my inspiration for the recipe came from. I hardly ever associate good food with museums but I was mistaken, the food was so good. My order consisted of a veggie sandwich and this sweet cucumber salad came along as my side. I couldn’t get enough of it I actually could have eaten it as an entree if it was served to me that way. It was a perfect balance between acidic and sweet.
This small salad makes for a perfect side for dinner or lunch especially with Spring around the corner. It’s also perfect between classes or on a lunch break at work. With only 57 calories, it’s healthy, and light, what more could you want?
- 2 Cucumbers
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- Peel and slice your cucumbers in half, scrape out the seeds and chop
- In a small bowl add the vinegar and sugar and whisk until the sugar is dissolved
- Add the cucumbers to the vinegar mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes stirring occasionally
- Drain the excess vinegar and add the dill