I love get togethers and pot lucks. When I’m attending one my first stop is the salad table in search of something light and delicious. I can get really picky with my salads. I don’t typically like cheese and I look for something refreshing and healthy. I also try to stay away from the boring lettuce and the pasta salads. They seem too traditional sometimes.
This recipe on the other hand is everything I would look for at the salad table. In fact, if we were to go out to a pot luck or a bring your own dish party I would definitely be bringing this. It’s a winner. For one, this salad doesn’t involve a bed of lettuce, it’s not overwhelming with cheese, and there’s no pasta. The shrimp is folded with crunchy cucumbers, roma tomatoes, and avocados, topped with your favorite Greek dressing. I like to serve this as a side to accompany my main meal. If you want to have this for lunch for a couple of days, then consider doubling the recipe.
This salad is a real crowd winner and you’ll be coming back for seconds, I assure you. It’s best served cooled or immediately. If you’re going to store it, it lasts about a 4-5 days. I have a tip for you. Don’t you just hate when your avocados brown so quickly? I discovered this new trick and I must share it! The next time you split open your avocado don’t throw away the pit so quickly, save it and add it in with the prepared avocados when you store them. I found that this decreases the browning by a couple days. The next time you make your yummy avocados try this little hack and let me know if it works for you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup greek dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your shrimp by slicing them in half after they’ve been peeled and deveined. Heat a skillet up with one tablespoon of olive oil and sautee the shrimp until they’re pink and cooked seasoning them with salt and pepper as needed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Chop your avocado, cucumber, and tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a bowl.
- When your shrimp is done cooking let it cool before adding them to the rest of your vegetables. Then add and top with parsley, greek dressing (add more if needed) and salt and pepper if desired.
- Fold all together until it’s well mixed, refrigerate for an hour before serving.