My sweet tooth has been going out of control lately. If yours is too, then say hello to this superfood quinoa salad. This beautiful salad has gotten quite a lot of attention from my coworkers and friends lately, they were all asking for a bite. The best part is that there is no oil needed. The dressing is simple, it’s just honey and lime juice.
For so long I believed that lunch had to be something savory like a sandwich or a pasta salad. What I’ve learned is that it can be whatever you want. By midday I’ll find myself craving something sweet and juicy which has given me the excuse to add fruit to my quinoa. There’s an assortment of berries, purple cabbage, and spinach. Since we have mint growing like crazy in the backyard I had to add some in because what would fruit be without some refreshing mint?
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to directions
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or agave
- ¼ cup strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup purple cabbage sliced
- ¼ cup spinach chopped
- mint leaves garnish
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice and honey until combined, add more if needed
- Fold in all of the ingredients to the quinoa, stir to combine and refrigerate